Small bathrooms have their own challenges when it comes to decorating. The design layout for a small bathroom is the first challenge. Space is limited, so you cannot use it lavishly. Very small bathroom design calls for small furnishings, and few of them.
Small bathrooms demand decorating tips that differ from those for larger rooms. Decorating ideas for a small bathroom need not be limited to miniaturized versions of those for large bathroom, though. Consider the following small bathroom decorating tips.
Small Bathroom Decorating Tips
If you are remodeling a small bathroom, these small bathroom decorating tips will help you make the most of your space. Take time to plan before you begin remodeling or redecorating. Layout and decorating ideas are important and simple plans are needed to make them work well.
1. Floor: Use large, light-colored tile on the floor. White or very light beige or gray floor will give a small bathroom the illusion of space.
2. Walls: Choose light colors for the walls. They need not be white or beige, but dark colors in a small bathroom will make the walls “close in” on you.
3. Sinks: Look for small, wall mounted sinks without vanities. These permit more of your floor to show. More visible floor space makes a small bathroom appear larger.
4. Cabinets: Choose cabinets that can be set into the wall. Cabinet doors or open shelves should be flush with the wall surface. Smooth, unbroken wall surfaces make a small bathroom appear longer and wider. Any cabinet doors should be painted to match the wall color.
5. Mirrors: Hang large mirrors. Mirrors reflect space, and make a small bathroom seem nearly double the size. Consider a large mirror above the sink, and one or more additional mirrors.
6. Bathtub: Your small bathroom may have a bathtub. Replacing it with a clear-glass-door shower stall will free space. Or choose a small, extra deep Japanese style bathtub. This comes in a near-square that frees space beside the tub for your wall sink. The tub is…