This is the correct business format for a Letter of Complaint to another business. Use your words with caution because people are often funny about their money.
Tips and Hints to consider:
Keep in mind that Business Writing is about “Getting to the point”
Think about what you want to say before you start writing and get your facts straight.
Stay objective and considerate throughout the letter even if you are feeling angry.
Your letter will include the following:
2. The complaint
3. Reason why you are complaining
4. The amount to be refunded
5. How long you are willing to wait (be reasonable please)
6. Reason why they should refund you
7. “Thank you” as well as any enclosures such as statements, receipts etc…
Remember to send copies of the receipts, not the originals. However, the original letter you type up and sign should be sent to the recipients. Make a copy for your records.
If you do not receive the response you had wished for, you may want to consider writing a second…